As we received a lot of requests asking us to hold a real Mixed Doubles tournament, Mixed Doubles is optional this time if we have at least 8 pairs. It will be held on 10/14 and will apply the Swiss System (ie the elimination/round robin system from the last Doubles Tournament). The top four Mixed Doubles teams will receive gift card, certificate etc. All players are guaranteed to play several rounds (depending on the number of the players) under the Swiss System (ie the same system used under our recent Doubles Tournament).
If you are new here, please check out this link https://www.meetup.com/Tennis-Bethesda-Rockville-Potomac/events/239670653/
Fees: For Mixed Doubles Tournament, it will be $10 per player. All money goes into the event. We will collect the fee at Montgomery College on the day of the event.
Volunteers: The tournament will be managed by John Xu and supervised by William Wong. We are looking for general helpers. Feel free to message us if you can help out.
For Mixed Doubles, we will still follow the principal of “Free Pairing”; however, we will try to match someone with you if you can’t find a partner. Please be noticed that this will be a whole Saturday event, players can’t switch partners during the matches once they are confirmed.
More details will be provided closer to the event.
Event Day Schedule 10/14/17
7:30 – 7:45 Players check in (Showing up late might result in a failure in the first round)
8:00 – 11:00 3 Swiss Rounds/Men’s Singles Quarter Finals
11:00 – 11:15 Mixed Doubles Top 12 Draw Lots for Elimination
11:30 – 1:00 Mixed Doubles Elimination 1st Round/Men’s Singles Semi-Finals
2:00 – 3:30 Mixed Doubles Quarter Finals
4:00 – 5:30 Mixed Doubles Semi-Finals
6:00 – 7:30 Finals
* Swiss Rounds are all one-set matches with 4 games (whoever getting the 4th game first wins the match); every win equals 3 points; Lose has no point
* Mixed Doubles Elimination rounds (Starting from the 2nd round) are three-set matches with a seven-point tie breaker for the third set
* All matches (except the Finals) will apply “Deciding Point”, which is the point played when the game score reaches deuce. The game is decided in favor of whoever wins the “Deciding Point”. The receiving player chooses to receive serve in the right or the left service court.
* Mixed Doubles Top 4 seeds are through to the Quarter Finals directly.
Please be noticed that this is a WHOLE DAY event. We will have a very tight schedule on 10/14, all matches will start at 8, players can only have a 5-minute warm up before the first round playing.
We will be recording the Finals.
Update 10/11 Mixed Doubles Teams:
Edison/Lisa; John S/Tania; Denese/Paul; Nick/Sisa; Apollo/Jira; Carlos/Gabby; Rhonda/Nigel; Tracy/Andre; Xian/Luis; Carolann/Manny; Sarah/Vinod; Heene/Patrick; John M/Joy; Rachele/Jason; Michele/Joe; Cecilia/David
In order to avoid any confusion of what to do in the morning, please spend a little time reading this:
1. Players need to check in by 7:45 (showing up early may get some warm up at the courts)
2. Players get together at 7:55 (Swiss Rounds rule explanation, first to 4)
3. 12 teams start first round, 4 teams waiting for first round playing
*4. We will get the preliminary ranking when we finish 3 rounds at about 11, then 13th VS 14th (Winner gets 13th place); 15th VS 16th (Winner gets 15th place), top 12 teams draw lots, 5th-8th VS 9th-12th (Elimination 1st Round), top 4 teams have no matches going on during this time. * Matches played at "4" are one-full-set, three-set with one deuce eliminations start from the 2nd round in the afternoon
First Round (Start at 8)
Jason Z VS Minh (Men's Quarter Final)
Men's Singles Semi-Finals (Start at 11:15)
(1) Apollo VS (4) Thanh
(5) Edison VS Jason Z or (3) Minh
Again, Mixed Doubles matches start at 8, players need to check in no later than 7:45. We will be providing new cans starting from Eliminations