Come hear Niall Smart (Co-founder and SVP Engineering at VTS) and John Kenny (Senior Director of Engineering at HBC Digital) debate How to Hire Developers in NYC. VTS is a fast scaling tech startup. HBC is the Fortune 500 company comprised of Saks Fifth Avenue, Lord & Taylor, Gilt and others. Will Niall and John agree or disagree on hiring best practices? Will what works for VTS work for HBC or will the two be at odds? Come hear these two NYC tech leaders share their thoughts and have a chance to ask them all of your questions.
• What to bring
An opinion, an open mind, and the desire to learn.
1. Keep it clean
2. Keep it friendly
3. No hitting below the belt
4. Home for dinner
Arrive, network, mingle, eat, etc.
7:00-7:45 *sharp start time*
1. 5 min - Moderator introduces the topic and panel. Coin is flipped to determine who speaks first
2. 10 min debate subtopic posed to debater A
3. 10 min debate subtopic posed to debater B
4. 10 min debate subtopic posed to debater A
5. 10 min debate subtopic posed to debater B
7:45-8:00 Questions/ Open Discussion